Account user permissions
The account with the email address that you used to register for Amazon Pay has administrator privileges. The user holding this account, also called the account manager, can access all account tools and features. The account manager might want to provide access to others who are involved in the management of your business. For example, the account manager might want a co-owner or employee to manage inventory or handle dispatch confirmations. To add users or to adjust user permissions, use the User Permissions feature.
Managing User Permissions in Seller Central 2:39
Seller Central uses an invitation model to manage user accounts.
- First, the account manager invites users to create an account on Seller Central to access your storefront.
- Next, the account manager (also called the account administrator) configures the permissions for that user.
By inviting users into the system and then configuring their permissions, you are assured that the appropriate user accounts are linked to the right owners, and that the correct permissions apply to the intended users.
After setting up the initial Amazon Payments Merchant account, the account manager then compiles a list of people who can access the system and determines the respective rights for those users.
At this point, the account manager is ready to invite new users to Seller Central. This invitation process takes three steps:
- The account manager sends an email invitation to each user that contains a link to Seller Central.
- The user clicks the link, provides an email address and password, and then reaches a page giving access to a unique confirmation code.
- The user sends the confirmation code to the account manager, who establishes the account.
- Account Manager validates the confirmation code provided by the user against the one they view in Seller Central to establish the account.
After the invitation process is complete, the user has a username and password to access the system. The next step is for the account administrator to assign the appropriate rights to that user as explained in the Editing a User Account section.
Editing a user account
- On the Settings link, click User Permissions.
- On the User Permissions page, click Edit next to the account you want to change.
- On the Add or Edit User page, click the button next to each tool you want to allow the user to access.
- When you are finished, click Continue.