Editing credit and debit cards
Because you use the payment methods associated with your Amazon account to use Amazon Pay for making payments, you edit the credit and debit card information in your Amazon account. You can edit your credit and debit card information at any time.
Edit your credit and debit card information
- On the Amazon.co.uk site, sign in to your account.
- Click the Your Account drop-down list, and select Your Account.
- Click Payment options.
- On the Amazon Wallet page, you can change any of the following for the cards that are listed:
- Name on card
- Expiration date
- Billing address
- To confirm the changes, click Save.
- To edit other information about the card (for example, if the card number changes), delete the credit card, and then add it again using the correct information.
The changes you make on Amazon.co.uk automatically apply to Amazon Pay. Also, if your card issuer participates in Account Updater and provides expiration date updates directly to Amazon.co.uk, other than the exception below, those updates will apply to Amazon Pay. Learn more about Account Updater.
Note: If your card is used for automatic payments (for example, a subscription), Account Updater changes will not apply to the automatic payments. You will need to follow the steps above to provide updated information.
Note: Starting January 19, 2022, we will no longer accept UK-issued Visa credit cards for purchases on Amazon.co.uk. Your UK-issued Visa credit card can still sit in your wallet, and you can continue to use it when you check out with Amazon Pay on other sites now and after the above change is implemented. However, we encourage you to add a new debit card (including Visa debit cards) or non-Visa credit card like Mastercard, Amex, or Eurocard to your Amazon.co.uk account.