Using Amazon Pay
Amazon Pay is a service that lets you use the payment methods already associated with your Amazon account to make payments for goods or services on third-party websites. Beyond the button, shoppers can manage their payments using Amazon Pay on Amazon.co.uk.
When you see the Amazon Pay button on a third-party website or in an app, you can use the Amazon Pay service to:
- Sign in using your Amazon account credentials.
Note: Mobile phone number accounts will be prompted to provide an email address before continuing.
- Accept the User Agreement on first use when prompted.
- Complete your purchase.
Change browser settings: To continue using Amazon Pay without service interruption, be sure to allow third-party cookies in your browser's settings. Your browser might refer to these as a privacy setting, preference, or option. Search the web for instructions on how to allow cookies for your specific browser.
If you have an Amazon account, you can already shop on non-Amazon websites and in apps that accept Amazon Pay. There is no separate registration process, and purchasing is easy:
- Look for the Amazon Pay button on a merchant website or in an app. (See a list of Featured merchants.)
- Use your Amazon credentials (your email address and Amazon password) when you are asked to sign in and accept our User Agreement.
- Choose a payment method from your Amazon account to complete the payment and easily complete the checkout process.
What is Amazon Pay? 00:48
Expect this when using Amazon Pay
- To make a payment, you can use any credit or debit card on file in your Amazon account, although you might be limited to Visa and Mastercard in some circumstances.
- After your purchase, expect to receive an email from Amazon Pay notifying you that the payment has been authorized and a second email confirming the purchase.
- The merchant will send you an invoice in email.
Don't expect this when using Amazon Pay
- When making a payment, you cannot use an Amazon.co.uk Gift Card for purchases directly with third-party merchants. A third-party website or seller that suggests payment using an Amazon.co.uk Gift Card is not a legitimate Amazon Pay merchant.
- You will never receive an invoice from Amazon Pay asking for payment using Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards.
- No matter the currency of your transaction, Amazon Pay never adds a foreign transaction fee, although your card issuer might.
Be wary of these common internet scams
- Requests for Amazon.co.uk Gift Card claim codes
- Payments that are made off the merchant site
- Payments made by bank transfer
- Payments to guarantee the transaction
- Payments to receive a large amount of money
- Payments to guarantee a credit card or loan
- Offers that you are not sure are honest
- Payments to someone whose identity you can't confirm